Suggestion - Town Bell

As suggested by Satsuz on the discord openbeta channel:

Implementing a way to alert everyone in the town (inside and outside) to important goings-on in the town square would be very handy and a nice QoL change. It was suggested that this could be a building that can be built on a tile with a town hall which would have a loud instrument as part of it - be it bell, gong, horn, etc.

Once rung, the noise would penetrate into all the rooms in all the buildings across town - alerting everyone that something important is happening outside.

It would also be nice if use of the instrument was able to be restricted so newcomers/newspawns couldn’t ring it out of curiousity and thus cause the entire town (or those who are interested at least) to come running outside.

Pros (in my opinion):
1.Helps people to get over FOMO and work inside in smaller groups - particularly in larger towns where rp can be drowned out by too many people.

1. Saves people from running around when something interesting is happening, thus causing themselves to miss out on a cool/important post.

2. Historically, towns did have something along these lines so I think it fits - realistically speaking.

3. People behind locked doors can still be alerted to something without someone having to take the time to write them a note to be slipped under the door.

Cons (in my opinion):

1. Not urgently needed - people can just run around/knock on doors to let people know stuff is going down.

The idea had a lot of support on the discord channel, so let’s see what everyone here thinks!

Full credit for the idea to Satsuz.

Warning Bell for Towns

I’ve been thinking about this for a bit and I thought that it could be quite useful to have another permanent machine(Similar to the Smelter) that could be built once you’ve built a Town Hall. It’d be called a Warning Bell or Signal Bell etc. and it would essentially act as a way for a Town Leader, or other elected Leader, to summon everyone in the town to meet up somewhere(Agreed upon through RP) whether they are inside or not. Knocking is handy but it loses it’s usefulness when there are other rooms beyond a locked door or too many to knock on in a short period of time.

I think the uses for it are pretty obvious really but examples would be a way to signal everyone if the town was under attack or to call everyone together for a meeting. Something like that is more and more important as more people are moving jobs indoors rather than working in the town center.

As for crafting, I don’t think it should require an obscene amount of materials, maybe only something like 2-5 Metal and 3-15 wood.