There actually are already benefits to using the family system over the normal spawning system. They are as follows:
- Chance to naturally be born with magic
- Gain 18 years to live over other characters
- Genetics give your character better attributes
- If you are born into politics you may have a chance for succession
- Children learn skills faster
A few other things that I should mention:
- Characters aren’t born as babies, they spawn as 5 year old children.
- It’s not possible to get an adult as a spawn sibling when you are a child.
- It’s not possible to birth adult spawns - they’re adults, they don’t get families unless they make their own.
- There’s no such thing as birth in Marosia, it’s all spawning, just different kinds.
Your suggestion about community is actually already planned! Through the political menu leaders will be able to set various aspects of their community such as succession, taxes, and other IC-related features. I do not agree with disallowing adult spawns, personally, because you’re going to get strangers in your town either way at some point - what does it matter if it’s through the spawn system or by coming upon your town from a road? It limits would-be options for other players. Your town is part of the game, why shouldn’t they have an equal opportunity to experience it? Besides, that doesn’t really make sense in the game, and would break the immersion. There’s no believable way to explain why any person, magic or not, can magically force adults not to spawn in their town.
What you’re suggesting sounds more like an OOCly run club inside the game, where rules apply to members only, instead of a town with residents. I’m sorry, but I’m not interested in giving players the power to enforce no-pvp zones - that’s just too OP and unbalanced, and I’m also not interested in going in a direction that seems to have more OOC options than IC ones - it just reminds of guilds in MMORPGs. This game isn’t a mmo, it’s a never-ending story where immersion is top priority, and roleplay wins over ruleplay.
Troll massacres won’t be occuring because of the way the combat system has been built, but that’s completely off topic. If you’d like me to explain the combat system so that you can feel more confident in its natural immunity to trolling, then I can do so in a separate topic or privately.